The 2019 HOACGA Convention will be held at the Airport Embassy Suites Hotel, Kansas City, MO. (same hotel every year)Reservations may be made by calling the hotel at (816) 891-7788. Room rate is $124.00 (two people), $134.00 (three people) or $144.00 (four people). All rooms are two-room suites. Breakfast and Managers Reception (happy hour) are included in room rate. (All rooms are on 2nd, 3rd , or 4th floors.)
- Breakfast and Managers Special – Happy hour is included as part of the room rate. This is a special opportunity to visit with old friends and to meet new collectors that will become friends.
- Rooms: All rooms are two room suites with a small refrigerator, a window for showing and viewing your glass from the outside. Rooms are available with King or 2 Queen beds.
Room Displays: One of the traditional aspects of Carnival Glass conventions. They are a vital and educational part of the convention. You are encouraged to bring a room display for all of those in attendance to view and appreciate. Each Room Display will receive a Mary Ann Vase (Contemporary) by Mosser Glass. Displays winning each of the categories below will win a monetary award of $50.00. The Display judged Best Overall and the Peoples Choice (judged by attendees) will each receive a $150.00 award. Only one award per display. The display categories are:
- First time having a display at HOACGA
- Best Contemporary display
- Best combined Contemporary and Classic display.
- Same Maker
- Same Color
- Same Pattern
- Same Shape
Schedule of events:
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- HOACGA will serve Subway sandwiches for all early arrivals.
Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Contemporary carnival glass auction. Cake and coffee will be served and about 90 pieces of contemporary carnival glass will be auctioned. This will be an online auction and a complete listing will be available online.
Friday, April 26, 2019
- Special Display. The display is presented for the educational benefit of the Carnival Glass collector. This year’s theme is Northwood blue – the darker colors; cobalt blue, renninger and sapphire. There are at least 20 different variations of blue. The glass will be on display Thursday afternoon thru Friday until 3:30pm. The items will be presented in a talk at 10:30am Friday morning.
- Award Luncheon: The 2019 award will be presented to Eleanor Mochel and Ann McMorris
- Annual Business Meeting: The annual business meeting will be held Friday at 2pm (or immediately following the Award Luncheon). Presentation and discussion of various club activities will ensue. Election of officers will be conducted
Saturday, April 28, 2019
- Auction: Seeck Auctions will be selling the Judy Maxwell and Dennis and Linda Naphin collections – auction starts at 9:30am.
- Viewing of the glass will be Friday evening and Saturday morning.
- Banquet: The annual banquet will be held Saturday evening with Bob and Shirley Patterson from Cerritios, California doing the talk. Bob and Shirley have been active in collecting carnival glass for many years, we are looking forward to an informative Carnival Glass talk. Room display winners will be announced, special whimseys will be auctioned.